29 May 2006

Summer Update

First week of summer has gone by, and it's been pretty boring actually. I'm just working a bunch before I have to quit at the end of June, and to make matters worse, Kellie left for Colorado on Wednesday for a wedding. So, it's been pretty quiet. It's ok though, as I am making money and lacking outlets to spend it, and apparently that's how people save money.

Anywho, my summer plans are starting to come into focus. At the end of June, I'll make my first visit to Akron to hopefully find an apartment and begin to get acclimated. After that, Kellie and I will head up to Nashville for the 4th of July to visit me ma and my friends. In the middle of July, Kellie moves into her new apartment, which my Jeep and I will help facilitate. At the end of July, if all works out well, Stephen and I will go to Akron to move and attend a pre-orientation. This is all timed out so that I can see Death Cab for Cutie in Cuyahoga Falls (about 20 mi. outside of Akron) on August 3rd, and I'm sure Stephen and I will visit Cedar Point as well.

Until then, I'm working five days a week at J's and am probably going to pick up a sixth shift every now and then. With any amount of discipline I should be able to get through July and August without working and have enough money to get to Akron and settle in before I get loans. My plan: lots of drinking at home and Warcraft, the latter much to Kellie's shugrin.

9 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Loni Huff said...

"shugrin"

Is this a pop culture reference I'm missing or did you mean, "chagrin?" /grin

I think, "I am making money and lacking outlets to spend it, and apparently that's how people save money" is one of the most quotable things I've ready lately. I LOLed.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Note the time of posting, and I did not consult dictionary.com. Nonetheless, you got me.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh...I'm hoping to go to Brazil over 4th of July! Of course, money might still prevent me from doing that. June's going to be very touch-and-go in that regard.

Also, we're finally playing Baton Rouge...on August 18. Go figure. I imagine you'll probably be in Akron by then?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Yep, I'll be in Akron definitely by then. Classes start on the 21st.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm - are you going to have some free time in Akron before classes start? You ought to drive on up and visit! :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I might be able to. It all sort of depends on money though. I stop work in a few weeks and need enough cash to get me through July and August. If not then, I think it would definitely would be fun to try to come up for a football game (i.e. after loan disbursement :p).

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Loni Huff said...

Use AIM.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh! update!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home