28 April 2006

Update for update's sake

So, I've been hella busy with school the past couple of weeks and will continue to be until the end of finals (May 13th). So here's a fast update with a couple of shouts out. First, congrats to Allyson for being done with her prelims and (from what I can tell) a successful one. I guess for your prize you get more school? Allyson = winner. Also, head over to Loni's page for a funny story with tech support (see link on right side of page). In some news of more substance, the LA state Senate passed a bill which would outlaw all abortions in the state save in the case that the mother's life is in danger. The bill is not designed to challenge Roe v. Wade but will go into effect if and when the high court overturns it or a constitutional amendment is passed and ratified. Curiously left out were exceptions for incest and rape. Supporters of the bill claimed that these were atrocities but did not deserve to be followed by the atrocity of the "murder" of a child. I believe they did allow for emergency contraception in the cases of incest and rape. I couldn't care less if these exceptions were in the bill or not, since I don't think any restriction should be placed on abortion. Science as far as I know has yet to claim that a fetus is just as alive as a human being, so this is based purely on faith. Everyone is quite familiar with my anti-clerical stance on things, so I won't bore you again. Anyway, this is retardation to the highest magnitude, but at least the state did not design it with the intent of being a test case for the Supreme Court a la the South Dakota legislature.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw - thanks for the shout out, homes. yay for passing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home