13 April 2006

Close to a decision

Well, it's the middle of April, and I've still not made up my mind regarding law school. I really think I should. I heard back from DePaul today, and while I was accepted, they offered me nothing, which is sorta what I was expecting. One of my managers at work is supposed to be writing me a letter of recommendation for LSU, because apparently I can't read and didn't see that I needed two, but he's yet to do so. So, I won't be hearing back from LSU for a while (2-3 weeks), and even then, I really don't expect much. I was looking at some statistics on LSAC.org (the group that administers the LSAT and gathers info for law school admissions) and saw that Akron gives something like 30% of its applicants scholarships and LSU was like 18%. This may explain why I got a scholarship to Akron, which is ok by me. Anyway, the point being is that I am fairly sure I'll end up in Ohio next fall. Yes, it's cold and far away, but from what I've seen thus far (which includes combing the webpage, reading every catalog sent and watching a DVD they sent me) it seems like a good school in a metropolitan area. Cleveland, which is way cooler than the credit it receives, is only an hour away, but I'm not sure I'd have tons of time to do much anyway, so the less temptation the better. All in all, I'm pretty excited, one to graduate and two to start law school. Now, I just need to hold out for four more weeks >.<.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Matt, it's Monique from the Forum. OHIO IS AWESOME. Haha, I'm in Columbus, which isn't too far from Akron. So, yeah. You should totally come to Akron.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

so i won't lie, i was hoping you'd stay at LSU and then i could come live with you in the fall :P but hey, sounds like you've got a pretty good thing going w/ akron, so i wouldn't give it up.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, the only way I'd stay at LSU is if they gave me some sort of scholarship. I can only get $18.5k a year from the govt, so going to LSU w/o a scholarship would take like $10.5k a year out, leaving me w/ just $8k a a year to live on, so not so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home