07 March 2006

I've got a not-so-golden ticket

Quick note to share that Kellie's and my Death Cab for Cutie and Franz Ferdinand tickets came in the mail today. I am hella pumped for this show, and even though seeing it will require driving to Houston and back in one night, it will be totally worth it. Besides, I've done it before ... alone ... and much further.

In an entirely different vein, I really enjoyed this year's Oscars. It's not that they were particularly exciting, but the movies this year were really good, and to me that makes the show. Plus, Jon Stewart was funny as hell. I got a chance to see all five films nominated for Best Picture, and each of them was deserving of the award. My personal favorite was Good Night, and Good Luck, but Crash was also an amazing movie. Check your local video stores for it, and be sure to check the others out as well. Two winning movies that I did not have a chance to see are The Constant Gardener and Wallace and Grommit: Curse of the Were Rabbit. If anyone has seen either, let me know what you thought.

10 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, you should have just come to the madison show! it's just a hop skip and a jump! lol.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, Madison, that sounds great. Not only is it far away, cold as shit, but it's full of hippies. Dirty hippies. Who drink lots of beer. Crap, I wonder if it's too late to trade in my tickets.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST of all, it's in the 50's this weekend - so not so cold. SECOND, I haven't seen a hippie in AGES. They tend to stay away from us 'normals' and congregate on the east side of town. THIRD, you suck.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

on the counter, something more towards the post: i can't believe three six mafia won a damn oscar. i felt proud, seeing as i am black and all. see, the herzog name must represent diversity...and i am the one who represents the rapness of diversity. seriously though, i'll knock the black off your ass.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Matt said...

You are about as black as Allyson isn't a red head, but that was one of the funnier moments in recent Oscar history, Adrien Brody kissing Halle Berry also being up there.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think if they pulled that statue down, that democracy would flourish in Hollywood?

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, stephen - i couldn't be prouder of three 6 mafia. SOUTHERN RAP REPRESENT, BIATCH! But what is better than that is their new website design: http://www.triplesix.com/
Dude...SO hilarious.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Matt said...

That is the best picture in the history of pictures. Everyone say, "Bling!"

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Matt said...

HAHAHAHA. Bob McDowell = Dave. I just moused over the link to see who the hell it was. Refresh my memory, was that something you, Ryan O., and I came up with in like eigth grade or something? Also, that was one of the better lines of the night, that, like many of the others, fell flat on the crowd.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, definitely plan on renting it. And you are dead on about DCFC sounding like they do on their recordings live. I saw 'em in Nashville a couple of years ago and thought that as well. Still a lot of energy live though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home